I am new to the whole podcast thing but I recently decided to poke around and found a few interesting marketing based episodes that I liked. The podcast that caught my ear is called Entrepreneur On Fire and more notably, their guest was Ana Hoffman of Traffic Generation Cafe.
The podcast I was listening to was Episode 652: Ana Hoffman: The English Language Myth and there were a lot of great take aways! I encourage you to listen to the podcast but in case podcasts are not your thing or you like the quick version here are the points I found particularly interesting.
Firstly, major props to Ana’s Success Quote: ‘I made a decision to write for my readers, not to try to find more readers for my writing.’ – Seth Godin
If you have not read his books, blogs or listened to his talks, check out Seth Godin’s TED Talk – This is broken – it is hilarious and eye opening.
Back to the blog take aways:
- Keep it simple and your formatting clean
- Use images with clean visuals and fewer words – Try Slideshare
- Get away from text posts
- Skimming is the new reading
- Simplicity is your friend
- Get to the point
- Proof read your content
- Failure is not an option – Accept it and recognize it then do a makeover.
- Ask people for advice and make changes
I didn’t 100% follow all the rules but I will learn eventually. I will post a Slideshare test run soon I think.
Hope you enjoyed!